What is Shea Butter?
Shea butter is an ideal and ultimate skin food that is made from Shea (Karite) tree seeds which are inherently rich in Vitamins A, E and F. Importantly, the product protects and provides the skin with very vital and critical fatty acids in addition to nutrients that produce collagen. Shea Butter from Kreyol Essence also contains one of the most powerful healing ingredient called Haitian Black Castor Oil. This main ingredient makes this shea butter stand well above the competition.
The existing natural vitamins and fatty acids in the Shea Butter make it an incredibly perfect product for skin nourishment and moisturizing. It is also important to note that it is a consummate dry skin remedy and also safeguards the natural oils found in the skin.
- Reduces Inflammation
The product has cinnamic acid and other natural properties that make it an excellent anti-inflammatory product. Also, Shea Butter contains a compound known as Lupeol cinnamate that greatly reduces skin inflammation and prevents skin mutations.
- Skin Smoothing
The product helps in the production of the skin natural collagen and contains acids such as oleic, stearic, palmitic and linolenic that safeguard and nourish the skin. Notably, owing to this properties, long term users have confessed that it softens and strengthens the skin.
Uses of Shea Butter
Shea Butter has diverse and distinct uses. Eager to know these uses right? Well, if so, then below is a clear outline of the uses.
- Used to remove under-eyes wrinkles
- Used as a massage butter
- Used an SPF 6 skin lotion
- It can be solely used on lips and also in homemade lip balms
- Used to improve and skin elasticity
- Used as a natural cuticle cream
- Used to boost natural production of collagen on scars
- Used on sore or raw noses when there is cold or flu
- Used as an ideal base for homemade deodorants.
- Used to eliminate pregnancy stretch marks
- Used in magnesium body butter
- Used as ingredient in baby care recipes
- Used to replenish the skin after sun exposure
- Applied on the eyelids before applying makeup to make the makeup last longer
- It is an excellent night time skin moisturizer as it leaves the skin hydrated and smooth
- Effective in preventing wrinkles especially under the eyes
- It is an ideal lip balm
- It is a perfect in the treatment of eczema, rosacea and also scalp dermatitis
- Can last for a year
- You only need to use it in small portions
- Sold at reasonable prices.
- The smell seems quite peculiar.
- It is not ideal to used during the day and also under makeup as it takes some time to get into the skin.
Overall Shea Butter is known for treating a variety of skin conditions and it is here to stay. In terms of which brand to go with, their are many good ones on the market. The most notable shea butter product would have to be from Kreyol Essence.